Saturday, August 13, 2005

Notting Hill... 360

Notting Hill is a simply amazing movie. Guess I'm pretty late in seeing this movie, but as luck would have it, I caught it on Star Movies today. That too from the beginning! Somehow I thought I'd change the channel at any minute, but as the story kept rolling it kept getting more and more interesting. People always told me that its a good movie, but then just like coding, you gotta see it to believe it! I'm not going into the story here... for that you'll have to read my really awesome 360deg blog on yahoo! LOL!

Speaking of 360deg, its a pretty awesome thing from yahoo. I mean they've integrated just about all their yahoo services under one hood! Some pretty amazing really and something Google has been pretty pathetic about. Like I mean you have Orkut, GMail, Google Groups, Google News, etc, etc and everywhere you gotta log in and do things. And to share stuff across applications (ummm sites for non-IT personal) you gotta do a lot of well... "magaj maari!" (I'm not translating that... you dont' know hindi... TOO BAD! LOL)

Anyways, 360deg is cool. Damn I wish I knew how to put that little circle to represent degrees.. Anyway getting back, in 360deg, you can blog (a la blogger), you can write a profile and link to friends (a la Orkut), you can view all your yahoogroups from there and publish them for others to see. You can write somethign called blasts which is pretty nifty. You get to link you yahoo photo album with the 360deg profile. So you can easily share photos with friends. Just tell em to check your profile for updates. In short its awesome. I think yahoo is doing a great job with it. The help is cool, actually helps you for once! Trust me, there aren't many pieces of software around that have help that helps you! :-) So in ture salesman style, "Go get your 360deg profile now and avail of all the cool features!" Oh yeah, and add me if you get time. :-)

"One stop shops weren't pulled out of a hat, but they sure are damn useful!"


No comments: