Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sify Tales… part 5

Ok, so now you’re either like waiting to read this post or you’re like sitting there wondering, “Doesn’t this guy ever stop?!” Well it turned out that the SIFY morons called up at my place when I was at work. Typical! Hmpf! Anyways, I got the message and the rang up the cable wala to find out what was happening. First thing that I’m asked about is, “Do you want to renew your account?” At this point I’m thinking, “Sure I’d love to renew your brain! Why don’t I first bang your current brains out!”

Anyway for some reason I kept my cool and then went through the whole story again. Of course once they heard my username they pretty much knew who I was. So the lady says that ‘shailu bhai’ is not around and will be in later. So I’m like ok, give me the SIFY guy’s number. So I get it. Phew! At least one thing went smoothly.

So, I call up Mr. SIFY and tell him about how I had called him up before and all. First question, “What’s your username” I’m like whatever it was. Pause… Then he’s like, “Oh yeah I remember. Mereko 2 ghanta de mein teek kar dega.” So I said Ok and kept the phone. Now at a time like this you should know that things don’t work so smoothly. Still I was driven by hope that something good would happen today!

I reach home, turn on the pc and voila, NO net connection! I got the good old message of, “Your account has expired!“ It was meant to be right? I mean I guess I was just a bit toooooo gullible today. Oh well. Looks like tomorrow I’ll again have to call him up and get the things done. Hopefully get the things done. Boy am I bored… No tell me how in the world are we supposed to trust service providers like this!

“Sometimes you’ll wonder why you keep trying. Thing will not look like getting resolved you’ll never know why, but then you’ll just try again anyway!”

No comments: